Picnic Day Adventure A Perfect Picnic Blog Hop Stop
Ready to go on a perfect picnic adventure? Let’s Go!
I called up my friend Katie for a little picnic adventure so out we went to the park at the pond near her house where we laid out the blanket and our other picnic companion, Brooke, to verify comfort
She seemed to approve so we plopped our bums down and kicked off the flip flops
We sat and watching the mom & dad Canadian Geese with their little goslings
We had packed a picnic but made a couple mistakes…first we forgot the sandwich, also forgot the spoon for the yogurt and fork for pickles. Oh and we forgot the corkscrew for the wine…but whatever it was a beautiful day. We had apple chips, pickles with our fingers & drank iced tea in mason jars
This picnic blanket is an oversized Colorado Beauty Star block, I made 16 half square triangle blocks, each HST is 15″ finished
Adding to the list of things I forgot: a kindle or quilting magazine to show off the magazine pocket. It’ll also be perfect to tuck phones into on the beach later this simmer to keep them out the direct sunlight this summer.
I tried to do a flat felled seam for the backing but messed it up but it’s still a great seam back there!
Nature came to visit too and seemed to approve of our picnic which I had to snap a photo of
Quilt Name: Picnic Quilt
Fabric: Misc from Jo-Ann’s with Better Homes & Garden outdoor fabric
Quilt Design: Terri Ann Swallow (me) based on traditional Colorado Beauty Star
Pieced by: Terri Ann Swallow (me)
Quilting by: Terri Ann Swallow (me)
Finished: May 2014
Thanks for coming on this adventure with us on our picnic, now for a tasty giveaway. What’s the best desert for a picnic…..
4 Candy Sized 3.5″ Charm Packs & a 1/2″ yrd of Vintage Happy by Riley Blake
How to Enter
- To enter just leave a comment in the section below of your favorite picnic or cook out snack that requires no utensils (since we clearly don’t know how to pack them)
- For an extra entry like Childlike Fascination on Facebook and leave a comment letting us know you liked us!
- Follow the blog using Feedly, Blog Loving or your favorite RSS reader for another extra entry (then comment and let us know)
That’s right you can enter up to 3 times for this giveaway!
Rules & Details
- Contest open to US & International entries
- Giveaway will be open until Sunday June 8 at 8 p.m. EST.
- Winner will be chosen on June 9th using the Random.org random number generator
- Winner will have 24hrs to respond by email otherwise a new random winner will be chosen
Be sure to visit the other stops on the Perfict Picnic blog hop today too: picnics galore!
You may also like...
HST Update & Advice Needed
Exciting news! I'm moving soon, the beau and I are moving in together and I'm ...read more
Split Irish Chain - A Fat Quarter Friendly Quilt
Life's an Adventure is a split double irish chain quilt that' a fun modern twist ...read more