To run some tests on the new machine I decided to put the quilts to the side for a few days to sew up a pillow. The pillow uses scraps from Dreaming in Honey (the extras when making the diamond in a square blocks and will let me practice piecing, quilting, making piping and general sewing.
I sewed up 36 HST blocks @ 3″ finished (used my BlockLoc Ruler to do it) into a square and was quite pleased. Then I noticed the mistake…
It was in the corner and that made it easy to fix. Here are the steps I took to fix it.
- Unpick the seams on the block plus a little bit extra on the most recent seam
- Sew the loose block to the loose edge
- Press seam then sew the row from a couple stitched before where the seam is cut to to the edge, then press!
Now it’s all fixed! Next steps on this project are:
- Quilt patchwork to batting
- Use scraps to make piping
- Use scraps to make envelope closure for 18″ pillow form!
Then I’ll have a magnificent pillow. Gonna use this little interruption project to get comfortable on the Pfaff machine then it’s back to the pile of UFOs.
You may also like...
HST Update & Advice Needed
Exciting news! I'm moving soon, the beau and I are moving in together and I'm ...read more
Monday Mistakes - 94% Scaled Paper Piecing
In this semi-weekly series called Mistake Monday I talk about a cultural taboo: making mistakes. ...read more