That’s a Mistake Thursday: Fixing a Block Facing the Wrong Way
To run some tests on the new machine I decided to put the quilts to the side for a few days to sew up a pillow. The pillow uses scraps from Dreaming in Honey (the extras when making the diamond in a square blocks and will let me practice piecing, quilting, making piping and general sewing.
I sewed up 36 HST blocks @ 3″ finished (used my BlockLoc Ruler to do it) into a square and was quite pleased. Then I noticed the mistake…
It was in the corner and that made it easy to fix. Here are the steps I took to fix it.
- Unpick the seams on the block plus a little bit extra on the most recent seam
- Sew the loose block to the loose edge
- Press seam then sew the row from a couple stitched before where the seam is cut to to the edge, then press!
Now it’s all fixed! Next steps on this project are:
- Quilt patchwork to batting
- Use scraps to make piping
- Use scraps to make envelope closure for 18″ pillow form!
Then I’ll have a magnificent pillow. Gonna use this little interruption project to get comfortable on the Pfaff machine then it’s back to the pile of UFOs.
Easy Related Posts
DIY Sewing Christmas Cards Tutorial
I don't usually send Christmas cards but this year was a little different.This year I ...read more
Haven't gotten much quilting done this week for a few reasons: I got frustrated that the ...read more
Split Irish Chain - A Fat Quarter Friendly Quilt
Life's an Adventure is a split double irish chain quilt that' a fun modern twist ...read more
Giveaway Slacker & Lone Star In Progress
Hi, I'm Terri and I'm a total slacker. Life got in the way and caused ...read more